XAT Exam is conducted by XLRI on All India level to select the most appropriate students for management education. XLRI's long experience and the expertise has helped to extend this test to other Management Institutes.
XAT exam is conducted once a year in January. The admission criteria for admission through XAT is a bachelors degree under 10+2+3 system recognized by a university or a deemed university.
XAT Exam Pattern
XAT usually comprises 3 sections - with a time limit of 40 minutes for each of the sections.
One section is Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability questions. Another section is Quantitative Ability, Reasoning and Data Interpretation questions and the Third section is General Awareness Questions.
- The Number of Sections: 3 (With an Essay after the test)
- The Number of Questions: 200 (It may change time to time)
- No of Choices per question: 4
- Time given for the paper: 120 min
- Time given for the essay: 20 min
- Marks for correct answer: +1
- Marks for wrong answer: -1/3
Essay Topic: Students are expected to write an essay of about 250-300 words in 20 minutes.
Lear more XAT FAQ